Our Website: www.ashdalealpacas.com

Monday 28 January 2013

And now for something completely different ............

I'm not blogging about our alpacas tonight, they are an absolute disgrace with all the mud and I'm ashamed of them being seen in public.

On Xmas Day I got a surprise present of a book.  It was one of those that you can't put down but also don't want to reach the end of, yes, I really enjoyed it that much.

It is the adventure of a couple who gave up their life in England and went off to Spain to breed alpacas.  This is their story and although Xmas Day here was pretty miserable I could feel the heat of the Spanish sun as I immersed myself in their story.

It has raced up the ratings on Amazon and is now in the top ten animal and pet books already.  It is full of joy, heartbreak and excitement.  You will finish this and wish the couple all the luck in the world.  At the side of this blog (and scroll down a bit) there is a link to Lorna's Life in Spain, she is the wife in the story.  Her blog is a really witty tale of a Brit abroad so you will probably enjoy that too.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Irene, thank you for the mention, I am really glad you liked the book. It has got some good reviews and I am really grateful It can be found on Amazon and also on itunes. You can find me on Facebook as Alan Parks, and my page there is Bloody Hell, What's an Alpaca?
    Thanks Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Fb page is http://www.facebook.com/whatsanalpaca and you can find the book at this link - http://goo.gl/nVO2q
    Alan

    ReplyDelete